Sunday, 5 June 2011

New floor

We decided to stain our floorboards and seal them with hard wax oil. The whole process took much longer than anticipated. Although our floorboards are new, we thought we should sand them off slightly anyway, especially after all the trodden in dirt from the work we've been doing. We hired a floor sander from HSS as well as an edge sander (which was terrible, and broke twice - in the end we had to use a palm sander that we already had, which wasn't the best tool for the job). Anyway, we got there eventually. The wax oil is currently drying and we are confined to the bedroom/bathroom until it's dry!

Here are some before/after pics. 



Kitchen progress

So after all our hard work taking out the walls to expand the kitchen, we had to try and fit our units into the space! This took some doing, and we ended up having to buy a new slimmer fridge as the old one just would not fit. Anyway here are some pics.

Here's the kitchen in bits in the living room before installing:

In progress...

Finally managed to get everything in despite walls that are far from flat. 

And I got to try my hand at tiling for the first time: