Thursday 27 December 2012

Handmade Christmas

This year we were invited to my brother's house for Christmas, and I was asked to arrange the table so that it looked festive. This got me very excited! I went for a purple theme but in the end it was pretty non-traditional. I bought some purple checked fabric for a table cloth, and then scattered silver stars across the table to make sure that it was still festive. 


I also made place names by filling little jars with purple sweets and adding a name tag to each one. I made Christmas crackers using some beautiful paper from paperchase, and some cracker snaps from ebay. 


I also stencilled some purple fabric using white fabric paint, and made napkins to match. This process took a very long time, especially given the interest of my two cats...






No comments:

Post a Comment