Monday 6 December 2010

Bathroom inspiration

The bathroom in our new flat is ok. But that's it. We are definitely planning to re-do it at some point, but it's quite low down the list - as Theo points out, it is usable for the time being. Anyway, here's what we've got to work with:




It definitely could be worse. But - seriously - why so beige?! Horrible, in my view. 


Anyway, here are some inspiring ideas:






We're planning on installing a Japanese Omni tub at the far end, which is basically a deep cube for space saving, but also for complete immersion - heaven! There will be space to install a shower next to it as well, which we might do. We would also very much like twin basins so we don't argue about bathroom time in the morning. And, as ever, the whole lot will have to be done on a very tight budget. I love the little tiny mosaic tiles in the pictures above. Theo doesn't like them so much and says that if I want them in the bathroom I will have to do the tiling myself. I've never done tiling before, but something tells me this will be rather an arduous process...worth it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment