Saturday 11 December 2010

Bus Blind Chair

I fell in love with this chair, by Rockett St George, the moment I saw it, and immediately began plotting as to how I could recreate it (not being able to afford the £2,000-ish it costs to buy...) It's made from the old fashioned reels of bus destinations that were around before digital displays, and they're surprisingly easy to find on ebay for not much money. My only problem is that the affordable ones are made of tyvek, which is a sort of plastic-y wrapping material, and may not work well on upholstery. The more expensive ones are made of linen and would be perfect. 




A couple of other lovely things from the Rockett St George website:





Not strictly house related (or at all house related) but I couldn't resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment